Acing the Remote Work Challenge in Higher Education
Economic events have accelerated the adoption of a remote workforce—an option not previously traditional for higher education institutions. Universities and schools have had to pivot its student-facing and non-student-facing faculty and staff members from on-to-off campus with 10% of institutions teaching online only during the fall semester and 24% on a hybrid model.
Competitive Advantages in Remote Work
Remote work has brought with it many challenges, but on the flipside has created many opportunities for higher education employees and students, including:
- Greater flexibility and safety
- Additional recruiting options by expanding its applicant pool
- Greater engagement and improved learning with classmates building virtual communities to help each other through challenges
With the explosion of remote work opportunities and faculty and staff considering permanent virtual opportunities—PayScale offers the most targeted compensation data for higher education institutions to create a fair and equitable compensation strategies through three main options:
- Pay the market rate for where employees live
- Pay the national average for the position
- Pay the market rate where the employer is based
Download this eBook to learn more on how higher education institutions can gain a competitive edge with PayScale solutions to mitigate remote work challenges with a robust, AI-powered compensation platform.